Article 12. Liability
Open HealthHub excludes, to the extent permitted by law, liability for all damage that the Healthcare Professional suffers as a result of
- the use of the Service, to the extent that the Service is provided free of charge;
- the non-, incomplete or not safe availability of the Service or parts thereof;
- unlawful, incorrect or incomplete Content, including Content that infringes on the rights of third parties, such as authors;
- the actions of Patients;
- changes to the Service.
- If, despite the provisions in article 10.1, Open HealthHub still has any liability, this liability towards the healthcare professional, for whatever reason, is at all times limited to a maximum of one year:
- If the Service is provided free of charge 500 Euros; or
- If it concerns a paid service: the amount that the healthcare professional has paid in fees for the use of the service in the year prior to the event (or, if the event occurs in the first year, to the amount that the healthcare professional would have paid in that year);
- Open HealthHub is never liable for indirect damage, including but not limited to pure financial damage, consequential damage, loss of turnover and profit, loss of Content and other information and immaterial damage, related to or arising from the Service.
- Open HealthHub accepts no liability or responsibility whatsoever with regard to communications, products and/or services from third parties. Third parties are also understood to be (legal) persons who are in any way connected to the Service or mentioned in the Service (including Authors).
- deliberate or conscious recklessness by the management of Open HealthHub;
- Damages or claims arising from violations of the applicable laws and regulations regarding Personal Data. This is subject to the provisions in the Processor Agreements.
- A condition for the existence of any right to compensation is always that the damage is reported in writing to Open HealthHub within one year after the damage arose.